Utah County motorists face a rough Friday morning drive
PROVO, Utah — Less than 1/16 of an inch of snow contributed to more than two dozen accidents on a mile-and-a-half stretch of southbound Interstate 15 between Orem and Center Street in Provo Friday morning.
Several crashes involving multiple vehicles blocked more than half of the freeway, with cars facing backward and sideways across lanes of travel. Other accidents involved single vehicles spinning out and hitting the barriers.
This a big reason why traffic is at a standstill on I-15 SB through Provo. This is at the Center Street exit. pic.twitter.com/ZxSGaH08fw
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) December 23, 2022
All of this led to over two miles of stopped traffic through the s-curves of southbound I-15. Several crashes were also reported on northbound I-15 from Payson into Springville, none of which caused delays.
Get the latest traffic information at the KSL Traffic Center.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)