UTA bus driver hospitalized after ‘unprovoked’ attack at Millcreek Station
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A Utah Transit Authority bus driver was hospitalized Tuesday after he was attacked while on a break at the Millcreek Station.
The incident happened at approximately 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Carl Arky with UTA said the bus driver was standing outside the bus, taking a break, when he was attacked by someone who wandered up from the street.
“It was an unprovoked attack basically.”
Arky said the bus driver sustained “very significant injuries” and was transported to the hospital. Fortunately, he has since been released.
“It doesn’t diminish the gravity of the situation,” Arky said. “It had nothing to do with his work or his job or anything like that. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
Not long after the attack, the South Salt Lake Police Department apprehended the suspect. The incident remains under investigation.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)