UPDATE: Suspect in custody for fatally shooting an Ogden woman
OGDEN, Utah — A man is in police custody for shooting and killing an Ogden woman early Sunday morning.
Garrett Steven Gorsch, 21, was booked into the Weber County Jail for one count of felony murder, according to the affidavit.
According to police, Gorsch called 911 saying he “had shot the victim after they refused to leave the residence” on the 2200 block of Jefferson Avenue at approximately 6 a.m.
When Ogden Police officers arrived on the scene, they found the dead 24-year-old woman with a gunshot wound. Gorsch was waiting for police and was placed into custody without further issue.
“Witnesses reported (Gorsch) and the victim had been arguing throughout the night and the suspect had made threats of violence towards the victim,” according to the affidavit. Police found no signs of a struggle or weapons near the woman.
Officers found the suspected firearm used in the shooting on the scene.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)