Box Elder County schools move online due to snow, extreme cold
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — The Box Elder School District announced classes will move online Monday due to drifting snow that has closed roads throughout the county.
Superintendent Steve Carlsen said students should look for more information to come from their schools and information on virtual days can be found here.
Temperatures dropped to single digits across northern Utah, with some areas dropping below zero as arctic air moved into the state.
Logan has seen a 48F drop in 24 hours. Current temperature is -20F! Grab the heavy coat this morning! #utwx 🥶 pic.twitter.com/z7do0bRM7Z
— Matthew Johnson (@KSL_Matt) January 30, 2023
Schools in the Cache County and Logan City school districts delayed start times Monday, while Utah State University canceled all classes before 10 a.m.
High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)