Fire crews extinguish house fire in Saratoga Springs
Jun 6, 2023, 7:51 PM | Updated: Jun 12, 2023, 5:36 am
(Courtesy: Greg Gibbs)
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — A homeowner received burns on his hands after a garage fire spread into his house, officials say.
Saratoga Springs police Chief Andy Burton told KSL TV that the fire was called in at approximately 5:15 p.m.
Burton said when Saratoga Springs firefighters arrived, they noticed the fire and smoke engulfing the building and evacuated nearby homes.
He said the fire started in the garage and spread into the upstairs bedroom and kitchen. One person and a dog were in the house, and both got out safely, but the homeowner’s hands were burned.
Burton said crews from Eagle Mountain and Lehi fire departments assisted with this fire.