Detectives discovered the location of Mackenzie Lueck’s body by following the digital footprint of the man suspected of killing the 23-year-old University of Utah student, prosecutors said.
Friends of Mackenzie Lueck thanked the Salt Lake City Police Department during a city council meeting Tuesday night, and they also called for change when it comes to safety.
Several questions lingered late Friday after Salt Lake City Police announced they had found the body of Mackenzie Lueck in Logan Canyon, including what took investigators to an area more than 80 miles away from where other evidence was recovered in the case.
The remains of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck have been recovered in Logan Canyon, according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.
A man arrested in the death of a Utah college student whose charred remains were found in his backyard was banned from the campus of Utah State University in 2012, according to documents released on Tuesday.
The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office is getting an extension to file formal charges in the case against a man accused of killing 23-year old Mackenzie Lueck last month.
The Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office on Tuesday filed a motion to extend the jail hold for the man accused in the Mackenzie Lueck case.
Monday’s event was originally organized to be a prayer vigil for people to come together and pray for Mackenzie's safe return.
There was a feeling of loss at the University of Utah Monday night, two weeks after the disappearance of 23-year-old student Mackenzie Lueck.
Students at the University of Utah will gather at a vigil Monday to remember Mackenzie Lueck.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)
Connect with KSL