Teen dead after fall from Murray rooftop
MURRAY – Investigators with Murray City Police Department are looking into how a 17-year-old managed to access the roof of a building before falling to his death Monday evening.
Keltin Ouellette, 17, and two other teens, ages 14 and 18, found their way past a fence and onto the lot of Wagstaff Crane Service near 4500 South and 300 West in Murray, police said.
Police said the teens were on the roof of a building when Ouellette fell, landing on a concrete slab below. Ouellette’s friends tried to help him, but he died at the scene.
“It’s tragic. It’s horrible. I mean, you have teenagers messing around, hanging out, doing whatever teens will do and just this one… It’s just tragic,” said Officer Kenny Bass of the Murray City Police Department.
“We are deeply saddened by the death of Mr. Ouellette,” Wagstaff Crane Service said in a statement released late Tuesday. “The property was only recently leased by the company and has been undergoing renovation before being fully occupied. We express our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of this young man during this difficult time. We are fully cooperating with the local authorities in their ongoing investigation of what appears to be a tragic accident.”
Ouellette’s family has asked for privacy.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)