Wednesday’s Child: Abigail’s hoping to be permanent part of family’s team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When it comes to the Utah Jazz and being part of a team, there are many moving parts. One of those parts is the Jazz broadcast team.
Abigail is quite the Jazz fan and jumped at the chance to talk a little basketball with some professionals on Wednesday. The 15-year-old loves chatting about the game, but there are some things that are harder to express.
“Before I went into state custody, I was doing good,” said Abigail, as she sat in Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Abigail entered the Utah Foster Care system about five years ago.
“I’ve been running away a whole bunch,” she said.
Abigail admits, adapting to life in state custody has been a struggle.
“Sometimes, I just look at the mountains,” she said. “It’s just really soothing to look at.”
Abigail craves the peace and stability that can come from a loving family.
“I really want a permanent place I can live,” she said. “I want a family that will take me.”
On Wednesday, the Jazz family welcomed her in. Now, she’s hoping to be a permanent part of a family’s team and she hopes they’re out there watching.
“I’m a bit nervous, but I will get over my fear and just be happy,” she said with a smile.
To learn more about Abigail, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or visit their website.
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 5256)
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4612)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4216)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 4022)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3885)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3509)
- Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador (pageviews: 2173)
- DA Determines Officer's Use Of Deadly Force In SLC Incident Not Justified (pageviews: 2127)
- Utahns Age 50+ Eligible For Shots While 'Vaccine Chasers' Continue To Wait (pageviews: 2041)