Wednesday’s Child: Abigail’s hoping to be permanent part of family’s team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When it comes to the Utah Jazz and being part of a team, there are many moving parts. One of those parts is the Jazz broadcast team.
Abigail is quite the Jazz fan and jumped at the chance to talk a little basketball with some professionals on Wednesday. The 15-year-old loves chatting about the game, but there are some things that are harder to express.
“Before I went into state custody, I was doing good,” said Abigail, as she sat in Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Abigail entered the Utah Foster Care system about five years ago.
“I’ve been running away a whole bunch,” she said.
Abigail admits, adapting to life in state custody has been a struggle.
“Sometimes, I just look at the mountains,” she said. “It’s just really soothing to look at.”
Abigail craves the peace and stability that can come from a loving family.
“I really want a permanent place I can live,” she said. “I want a family that will take me.”
On Wednesday, the Jazz family welcomed her in. Now, she’s hoping to be a permanent part of a family’s team and she hopes they’re out there watching.
“I’m a bit nervous, but I will get over my fear and just be happy,” she said with a smile.
To learn more about Abigail, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or visit their website.
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 28039)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 23205)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13783)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13358)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 10487)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9814)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8545)