Wednesday’s Child: Abigail’s hoping to be permanent part of family’s team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When it comes to the Utah Jazz and being part of a team, there are many moving parts. One of those parts is the Jazz broadcast team.
Abigail is quite the Jazz fan and jumped at the chance to talk a little basketball with some professionals on Wednesday. The 15-year-old loves chatting about the game, but there are some things that are harder to express.
“Before I went into state custody, I was doing good,” said Abigail, as she sat in Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Abigail entered the Utah Foster Care system about five years ago.
“I’ve been running away a whole bunch,” she said.
Abigail admits, adapting to life in state custody has been a struggle.
“Sometimes, I just look at the mountains,” she said. “It’s just really soothing to look at.”
Abigail craves the peace and stability that can come from a loving family.
“I really want a permanent place I can live,” she said. “I want a family that will take me.”
On Wednesday, the Jazz family welcomed her in. Now, she’s hoping to be a permanent part of a family’s team and she hopes they’re out there watching.
“I’m a bit nervous, but I will get over my fear and just be happy,” she said with a smile.
To learn more about Abigail, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or visit their website.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 33337)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 7519)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 6796)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 4897)
- Provo Man Shot By Family Member Who Thought He Was Intruder, Police Say (pageviews: 4105)
- Utah Reports 314 Current Hospitalizations, 1,363 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 New Deaths (pageviews: 2088)
- KSL Investigators Win Fight For More Info On COVID-19 In Utah’s Care Centers (pageviews: 2016)
- Woman Missing For 2 Weeks Found Safe In Zion National Park (pageviews: 1408)
- Parents Of 545 Children Separated At Border Can't Be Found (pageviews: 1392)