Wednesday’s Child: Brothers try not to lose hope for a family
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Right now, there are close to 3,000 children living in foster care. Getting adopted from foster care can often be a waiting game for the kids and when it’s brothers hoping to stay together — the wait can be even longer.
Brothers are supposed to always there for you.
“He is a nice little brother,” said Gabe as he glanced at Michael.
They are there for each other in fun times and hard times. Michael and Gabe like to laugh together, but there are some things even the young boys can’t laugh about. One of those things is the fact that they live in state custody.
“Sometimes it can be boring,” said Michael.
It can also be a little confusing.
“Sometimes the (foster families) would say ‘I love you’, even when it’s like the first month there,” said Gabe.
It’s tough for the brothers to even recall how many different homes they’ve been in and for how long. Michael and Gabe are inseparable and they are determined to keep it that way. They both have hopes of a future in a family together, however they are getting worried.
“Every time we think we find a family, it doesn’t work out,” Gabe said.
Michael and Gabe are trying not to lose hope that a family will work out soon.
“We’ve been waiting for so long, and I’ve been putting my hopes up for so long,” Gabe said. “It’s like an arrow going down, and it just keeps going down.”
The brothers will continue to be there for one another.
“Yeah, I love him a lot,” Michael said.
They will continue to hope for a family that will welcome both of them home for good.
“If it was permanent and no taking back, I would just say ‘thank you’ and make sure they know how much we appreciate being in a family,” Gabe said.
To learn more about Gabe and Michael, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or visit their website at adoptex.org.
- Businesses Can Report Unemployment Recipients Who Refuse Job Offer (pageviews: 4004)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3750)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 3729)
- Utahns Rush To Help Minnesota Army Veteran In Need (pageviews: 3544)
- Redwood Road Closed For Several Hours Following Fatal Crash (pageviews: 3199)
- Woman From Mali Gives Birth To Nine Babies - Two More Than Expected (pageviews: 2502)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2325)
- Husband Thanks Rescuers Who Found His Wife In Farmington Wilderness (pageviews: 2277)
- Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Story In Hopes Of Helping Others (pageviews: 2073)