Study: Beehive State Has Most Diverse Bee Population On Continent
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah’s nickname — The Beehive State — is taking on a whole new meaning.
A new study from Utah State University found that Utah is home to about 900 native species of bees. That means one out of every four bee species in North America is found in the state.
It also means Utah has the most diverse bee population on the entire continent.
Researchers said bees are attracted to many of the flowering plants in Utah’s deserts, which helps them flourish.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)