Crews Fighting ‘Mammoth Fire’ South Of Huntington Reservoir
HUNTINGTON RESERVOIR, Utah – Campers and outdoors enthusiasts have been urged to use caution while traveling near Huntington Reservoir, as crews combat a small wildfire in the area.
Officials with the U.S. Forest Service in the Manti-La Sal National Forest said lightning sparked the Mammoth Fire Wednesday morning, just south of the reservoir.
Smoke was visible from the reservoir.
As of Thursday, the fire had grown to 2 acres in a heavily wooded area. The fire was burning on a steep slope, making it difficult for firefighters to reach the flames.
Rain forecast for Friday was expected to help firefighters to contain the blaze.
Crews from the Snake River Hotshots and Skyline Initial Attack Module assisted local firefighters.
Officials advised holiday traffic in the area could be impacted by the movement of fire crews and equipment.
Two acres burning just south of Huntington Reservoir in "heavy timber" on a steep slope. Crews hoping for cool, wet weather to help contain the flames. https://t.co/MIeGCCPABn pic.twitter.com/b5KefeY3jg
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) July 26, 2019
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)