Wednesday’s Child: Tello’s Story
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – At KSL TV, we are committed to Utah’s kids and families. Right now, there are thousands of children living in foster care who desperately want to be adopted.
It may be summer, but at The Nightmare on 13th Haunted House, preparations are underway for Halloween. Tello is this week’s Wednesday’s Child and he loves all things scary.
He was invited for a behind-the-scenes look at the place.
Tello isn’t nervous about coming face to face with the inner workings of a haunted house – it’s the going on TV part that causes the 15-year-old to giggle nervously.
“Yeah, totally,” said Tello with a laugh.
A behind the scenes tour of a frightful place is everything this teen could ask for.
“It’s like the type of stuff that I thrive off of,” he said.
It even sparked a little inspiration to join the workforce.
“If I could, I would totally work here,” he said.
Future careers aside, there is something that does make Tello him feel a little uneasy.
“(I was) a bit nervous because obviously this is my first time in foster care,” he said.
For the past year and a half life has thrown a few twists and turns his way.
“It feels a bit longer than it looks on paper,” he said. “In November, my grandma passed away.”
That event changed everything in the young man’s life.
“Two people came to my house, they were caseworkers and that’s how I found out (I was going into foster care),” he said.
Tello doesn’t want anyone to feel bad for him.
“You don’t have to be sorry,” he said with a smile.
However, he is hoping somebody who hears his story will feel touched by his words and want to welcome him to the family. Tello is ready to be adopted.
“It would mean a lot to me because that mean somebody would actually want to put up with me,” he said.
On Wednesday, he ventured in to a different worlds as a distraction.
For today, a visit into a different world is a distraction.
“There is nothing I don’t love about this place,” he said has he finished his tour.
However, the place he truly longs to be is home.
To learn more about Tello, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.adoptex.org
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)