Search Continues For Hunter Last Seen In Summit County
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Authorities on Thursday resumed the search for a hunter who has been missing since Oct. 14, officials said.
According to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, Carl Crumrine, 69, of West Virginia, was last seen at 5:30 a.m. on the day he went missing. He was hunting with a group in the Lyman Lake area of the Unita-Wasatch-Cache National Forest in eastern Summit County.
In a statement, the SCSO wrote that Crumrine was prepared for cold weather and had a small amount of food with him, however, he is new to the area.
He reportedly left the campsite on foot and walked toward Lyman Lake. When he’d failed to return that afternoon, his hunting group went looking for him.
Summit County Sheriff posted a tweet Thursday morning noting authorities are “grateful for all the agencies and personnel assisting in the search of missing hunter, Carl Crumrine.”
Search operations have continued this morning in the Lyman Lake area of the Unita-Wasatch-Cache National Forest in Summit County. We are grateful for all the agencies and personnel assisting in the search of missing hunter, Carl Crumrine. pic.twitter.com/KbGWqYf6ee
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) October 17, 2019
Crumrine is described as a white male, age 69, who 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 240 pounds. He has gray hair and blue eyes. He is believe to be wearing a camouflage shirt, coat and pants along with a hunger-orange vest. He is also wearing Muck boots and a camouflage hat and is carrying a camouflage backpack. He’s believed to be in possession of a hunting rifle.
Anyone with information on Crumrine’s whereabouts is asked to call the Summit County Sheriff’s Office at 435-615-3600 or 435-615-3526.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)