Hundreds Gather At First Funerals For Victims Of Mexico Shooting
LA MORA, Mexico — Hundreds gathered from across the United States and Mexico to pay their respects at the first of the funerals for the nine people who were violently killed in Monday’s shooting in Mexico.
The first funeral started at 11 a.m. Thursday. It was for Dawna Langford and her two young boys, Trevor, 11, and Rogan, who was almost 3 years old.
— Dan Rascon (@TVDanRascon) November 7, 2019
“Just feeling like it’s still a nightmare, like it’s a nightmare,” said Nefi Labaron to KSL’s Dan Rascon, who traveled to La Mora. “Definitely a devastating tragedy that happened.”
Dawna’s mother said her daughter was her life.
“She was a great mother and a beautiful daughter,” said an emotional Karen Wooley. “I’m sad because I won’t be able to visit with her, talk to her on the phone. We always joke around every morning. She was beyond great. Nobody else like her. Always willing to help anybody.”
Dawna and her two boys were just three of the nine who were killed; two mothers and four more children died in Monday’s shooting.
Since the attacks Mexican police and military officers have shown up in force, converging on the town. Along with the tears in La Mora, there was also anger, frustration and a call for justice.
“Justice needs to absolutely come, and this needs to stop. They are women and children little babies. This is too much for me to comprehend,” Wooley said.
“I wish they would call war [against the cartel], I would go. I would fight these people,” said Daphny Labaron, who lost loved ones in the killings.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 29330)
- Airbnb Rental Leads To Accidental Quarantine Family (pageviews: 10903)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 7691)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 6103)
- 3 People Injured In Dramatic Crash On Bonneville Salt Flats, Witness Says (pageviews: 5978)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5683)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4723)
- Are You Graduating This Year? Pizza Hut Wants To Give You A Free Pizza (pageviews: 3948)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 3685)