Crews Attack Blaze At Abandoned Building; Third Vacant Structure To Catch Fire This Week
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Fire crews responded to a vacant, boarded-up building overnight after it caught fire.
It’s the third abandoned building to go up in flames this week.
The incident happened at approximately 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 240 South and 200 East.
John McNeill, with the Salt Lake City Fire Department, said the fire was located mostly on the upper floor and the roof, which made fighting the blaze difficult.
“We couldn’t reach it from where we were,” he said. “So we had to use the aerial ladders to get to it. That was our biggest challenge.”
The structure is divided into apartments, and it had been boarded up due to transient activity, fire officials said. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 7999)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5251)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3626)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 2995)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 2727)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2027)
- Two Men Injured In Jet Ski Collision At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 1944)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1943)
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 1877)