Crews Attack Blaze At Abandoned Building; Third Vacant Structure To Catch Fire This Week
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Fire crews responded to a vacant, boarded-up building overnight after it caught fire.
It’s the third abandoned building to go up in flames this week.
The incident happened at approximately 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 240 South and 200 East.
John McNeill, with the Salt Lake City Fire Department, said the fire was located mostly on the upper floor and the roof, which made fighting the blaze difficult.
“We couldn’t reach it from where we were,” he said. “So we had to use the aerial ladders to get to it. That was our biggest challenge.”
The structure is divided into apartments, and it had been boarded up due to transient activity, fire officials said. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 73084)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 28772)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 18690)
- Man Accused Of Shooting Driver During Provo Protests Arrested (pageviews: 11855)
- Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired At Protest In Provo (pageviews: 8513)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 8313)
- Pediatrics Group Says Benefits Of In-Person School Outweigh Virus Risks (pageviews: 5696)
- Life Flight Paramedic Injured In Plane Crash Dies (pageviews: 4845)
- China Researchers Discover New Swine Flu With 'Pandemic Potential' (pageviews: 3871)