Wyoming Woman Killed In Utah County Horse Riding Incident
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A 35-year-old woman died in Utah County after sustaining fatal head injuries while riding a horse, according to police.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the incident occurred around 6:15 p.m. Wednesday on a ranch near Interstate 15 near Payson.
The woman was identified as Shauna Ann Martin, from Evanston, Wyoming, and police said Martin had recently moved to Utah County.
Martin was riding a horse when she reportedly fell and struck a pole, causing the injuries.
Cannon said a ranch hand heard Martin scream before she fell and it was immediately clear her injuries were fatal at the scene.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)