Wyoming Woman Killed In Utah County Horse Riding Incident
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A 35-year-old woman died in Utah County after sustaining fatal head injuries while riding a horse, according to police.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the incident occurred around 6:15 p.m. Wednesday on a ranch near Interstate 15 near Payson.
The woman was identified as Shauna Ann Martin, from Evanston, Wyoming, and police said Martin had recently moved to Utah County.
Martin was riding a horse when she reportedly fell and struck a pole, causing the injuries.
Cannon said a ranch hand heard Martin scream before she fell and it was immediately clear her injuries were fatal at the scene.
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 13809)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 8147)
- Back-To-School Plans Announced For Davis School District Plans (pageviews: 5655)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 5196)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 4993)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 4959)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3392)
- Nick Cordero, Broadway Actor, Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 3055)
- 564 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases, 49 New Hospitalizations And 4 New Deaths (pageviews: 2968)