Wyoming Woman Killed In Utah County Horse Riding Incident
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A 35-year-old woman died in Utah County after sustaining fatal head injuries while riding a horse, according to police.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the incident occurred around 6:15 p.m. Wednesday on a ranch near Interstate 15 near Payson.
The woman was identified as Shauna Ann Martin, from Evanston, Wyoming, and police said Martin had recently moved to Utah County.
Martin was riding a horse when she reportedly fell and struck a pole, causing the injuries.
Cannon said a ranch hand heard Martin scream before she fell and it was immediately clear her injuries were fatal at the scene.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)