Gov. Herbert Orders Flags At Half-Staff In Honor Of 1st. Lt. ‘Kage’ Allen
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert on Thursday ordered the lowering of flags of the United States off America and flags of the State of Utah on July 3 in honor of 1st. Lt. Kenneth “Kage” Allen, who lost his life during a U.S. Air Force training exercise in June.
Flags will be flown at half-staff at all state facilities and public grounds from sunrise until sunset on Friday, according to a statement from the governor’s office.
“Today, we honor U.S. Air Force 1st Lt. Kenneth Allen for his outstanding service and sacrifice to our nation,” Herbert said in a statement. “He was an outstanding Airman, a dedicated husband and hero to our country. We will miss his eagerness to lift others up and strengthen those in need. We could not be more proud of how he represented Utah to the rest of the world.”
“Jeanette and I send our deepest condolences, support and prayers to Kage’s wife, Hanna, to his parents and to the entire Allen family,” the governor added.
Individuals, businesses, schools, municipalities, counties and others are encouraged to fly their flags at half-staff for the same length of time as a sign of respect.
Allen died when his jet crashed off the coast of England. His body was returned to Utah last week.
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 23901)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 18455)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6648)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 6429)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 5898)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4246)
- Woman Billed $2500 Repair Bill For Cracked Utility Box (pageviews: 3978)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 3845)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3548)