Police Arrest Third Person In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting
PROVO, Utah – A third person has been arrested in connection with Monday’s protests in downtown Provo, according to court documents.
Police said 29-year-old Bradley Walters, of Ogden, was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail Wednesday night on felony charges of aggravated assault and rioting.
According to a probable cause statement, protesters had gathered at the intersection of Center Street and University Avenue Monday for a planned and organized event when a vehicle attempted to proceed through the intersection.
“During the protest, they were unlawfully blocking the intersection and the vehicle from proceeding through the intersection,” police said.
While the car attempted to turn onto Center Street, officials said Jesse Taggart, 33, raised a firearm and fired several rounds into the vehicle, striking the vehicle.
At the same time, Walters “was recorded in the middle of the intersection pulling a revolver handgun and pointed it at the driver of the vehicle as Jesse was chasing the vehicle through the intersection and firing at it for the second time,” police said.
Officials said Walters continued to point the gun at the vehicle until it had left the area.
Police spoke with Walters that night and said they found a gun in Walters’ possession.
The driver of the vehicle was admitted to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the arm, police said.
Darling was booked on charges of rioting and obstruction of justice. Taggart was booked on multiple charges, including aggravated attempted murder, aggravated assault and rioting.
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 7378)
- Morgan Restaurant Set To Close After 40 Years In The Community (pageviews: 6067)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 5860)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 4657)
- Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man (pageviews: 4614)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2896)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2889)
- 3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 2868)
- 'UK Variant' Of COVID-19 Found In Utah, Officials Say (pageviews: 2482)