Police Investigating After South Jordan Officer’s Car Vandalized
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Detectives with the West Jordan Police Department are investigating after a South Jordan police officer’s vehicle was vandalized sometime on the Fourth of July.
The officer was parked in the driveway of his West Jordan home when someone spray-painted the words “Black Lives Matter” in bright red along the side of his car.
West Jordan Police Sgt. J.C. Holt doesn’t think the person who did this is connected to the Black Lives Matter movement in any way.
He felt it’s probably someone looking to create chaos and division.
It’s not out of the ordinary to see a police car vandalized in some way, but what’s different about this one is that it was done at the officer’s home.
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) July 9, 2020
“It’s concerning to me,” Holt said. “And I think if you were to speak with most officers on a personal level, they would tell you that it’s concerning. Fortunately for us, we haven’t had this happening. It wouldn’t be fair to say that we’ve had a lot of this. This is the first incident we’ve had in our city where something has happened to a police car.”
Holt also said there aren’t any home security cameras where this happened, so they don’t have it on video.
Within the South Jordan Police Department, the message has gone out to officers to maybe park inside their garage if they’re able to.
If you have any information on who may have done this, West Jordan police would like to hear from you at (801) 256-2000.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)