2 Trail Runners Summit Mt. Timpanogos 11 Times In 80 Hours
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – Two trail runners summited Mt. Timpanogos over the weekend — 11 times in just over 80 hours.
Now the pair is challenging others to get out and beat them.
Friends Jason Renfro and Chris Gladden began the challenge Thursday and made their final descent Saturday. They arrived at the bottom of the trail to a crowd of cheering friends and family.
The two said that since many races were canceled this year due to the pandemic, they made up their own race.
They ran more than 160 miles, go up and down the mountain 11 times. Over the course of three days, they said they only slept a total of six hours.
Renfro and Gladden said they hope to inspire people to get outside and surround themselves with a supportive team.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)