2 Trail Runners Summit Mt. Timpanogos 11 Times In 80 Hours
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – Two trail runners summited Mt. Timpanogos over the weekend — 11 times in just over 80 hours.
Now the pair is challenging others to get out and beat them.
Friends Jason Renfro and Chris Gladden began the challenge Thursday and made their final descent Saturday. They arrived at the bottom of the trail to a crowd of cheering friends and family.
The two said that since many races were canceled this year due to the pandemic, they made up their own race.
They ran more than 160 miles, go up and down the mountain 11 times. Over the course of three days, they said they only slept a total of six hours.
Renfro and Gladden said they hope to inspire people to get outside and surround themselves with a supportive team.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9472)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 5256)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 4266)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 4235)
- New COVID-19 Record With 1,411 New Cases; 4 New Deaths, 184 Hospitalizations (pageviews: 3915)
- Palacios Carbajal Family Files Lawsuit Against SLCPD In Fatal Shooting (pageviews: 1037)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 985)
- Missing West Valley City Boy Found Safe (pageviews: 879)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 697)