2 Trail Runners Summit Mt. Timpanogos 11 Times In 80 Hours
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – Two trail runners summited Mt. Timpanogos over the weekend — 11 times in just over 80 hours.
Now the pair is challenging others to get out and beat them.
Friends Jason Renfro and Chris Gladden began the challenge Thursday and made their final descent Saturday. They arrived at the bottom of the trail to a crowd of cheering friends and family.
The two said that since many races were canceled this year due to the pandemic, they made up their own race.
They ran more than 160 miles, go up and down the mountain 11 times. Over the course of three days, they said they only slept a total of six hours.
Renfro and Gladden said they hope to inspire people to get outside and surround themselves with a supportive team.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)