Two People Killed In Wrong-Way Crash On I-70 In Sevier County
SALINA, Utah — Officials have identified two people who were killed in a wrong-way crash on I-70 in Sevier County.
The crash happened at mile marker 89 on I-70 around 11:07 p.m. Thursday.
Dispatchers were first notified of a small white vehicle that was traveling east in the westbound lanes on I-70 near mile post 84.
A few minutes later, the Richfield Communication Center received a call of a head-on crash involving the same vehicle.
Officers said the white car struck a Ford Expedition head-on, which was then struck from behind by a semi truck. The Ford Expedition rolled down the road and into the median, landing on its wheels and catching on fire.
The driver of the small white water was fully ejected and died on-scene. He was later identified as 54-year-old Russann Johnson of Provo.
The driver of the Ford Expedition was killed on impact. Officials identified him as Gregory Romero and said he was visiting the U.S. from Romania.
Officers said a passenger in the Ford Expedition was transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries,
Alcohol and drug impairment were suspected as contributing factors.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)