South Salt Lake Police Identify 23-Year-Old Murder Victim
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – Officials with the South Salt Lake Police Department have identified a woman whose body was found near 2550 South and 300 West on Monday.
Police said 23-year-old Kaitlyn Barron, of Salt Lake City, died from blunt force trauma and they are investigating the incident as a homicide.
“Evidence from the scene has been submitted for forensic analysis,” officials said on the department’s Facebook page Wednesday. “The investigation is ongoing.”
Homicide victim from 2550 South 300 West on 9/28/2020 has been identified as Kaitlyn Barron (23) from Salt Lake City, UT…
Barron’s body was located around 7:30 a.m. Monday.
“We have limited information at this point,” said Danielle Croyle, spokesperson for the South Salt Lake Police Department, on Monday. “It’s traumatic, it’s unfortunate and we want to make sure we hold someone accountable.”
Anyone who may have information related to this crime was asked to call police at 801-840-4000. Police added Barron has family in the San Antonio, Texas, area.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)