Wasatch County Man Died After UTV Crash In Wasatch Mountain State Park
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A Wasatch County man died after his UTV crashed at Wasatch Mountain State Park, according to the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation.
Officials said 61-year-old Anthony Patrick Dugmore was traveling alone while on a hunting trip in the park.
When he did not return home Sunday morning, family members contacted the authorities. They said the last time they heard from Dugmore was around 5 p.m. Saturday.
Members of the Wasatch County Search and Rescue, as well as officers from the State Parks and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources responded to the area to search.
Around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials located Dugmore’s body in the Little Deer Creek area.
His UTV was found at the bottom of an embankment off the trail, roughly 1,000 feet from his body.
Officials said they believe Dugmore was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash, but not a helmet.
The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation extended their condolences to his friends and family.
The incident was being investigated.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)