Authorities Release Body Cam Footage From Ogden Officer-Involved Shooting
OGDEN, Utah – The Weber County Attorneys Office on Friday released the body cam footage from an officer-involved shooting that happened Sept. 30.
Police say 34-year-old Aaron Baugh had broken into an auto mechanic shop at the corner of Wall Avenue and 31st Street.
According to the video released by the WCAO, Baugh had allegedly broken into the shop. When the officer arrived at the scene, he exited and pointed a black stapler at her.
“The male admitted in an interview with investigators that he presented the stapler as a weapon hoping to elicit a deadly force response from the officer,” according to the body cam footage.
The offer shot the suspect in the arm and then immediately began to administer first aid, the video shows.
Baugh was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The officer was not hurt.
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)