Sanford Health Suspends Merger Discussions With Intermountain Healthcare
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with Intermountain Healthcare said Sanford Health has decided to suspend merger talks following the recent departure of the South Dakota-based health care company’s president and CEO.
“We are disappointed but understand the recent leadership change at Sanford Health has influenced their priorities,” said Dr. Marc Harrison, president and CEO of Intermountain Healthcare. “There’s much to admire about the work that Sanford Health is doing. We continue to share a strong vision for the future of health care.”
Kelby Krabbenhoft, who served as Sanford’s president and CEO for 25 years, left the company and the Sanford Health Board of Trustees last week appointed Bill Gassen as the organization’s new president and CEO.
“With this leadership change, it’s an important time to refocus our efforts internally as we assess the future direction of our organization,” Gassen said. “We continue to prioritize taking care of our patients, our people and the communities we serve as we look to shape our path forward.”
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Sanford Health includes 46 hospitals, 1,400 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and 10 countries.
The combined company would have employed about 90,000 people in 70 hospitals and 435 clinics across seven states, officials said in October.
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 7378)
- Morgan Restaurant Set To Close After 40 Years In The Community (pageviews: 6067)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 5860)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 4657)
- Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man (pageviews: 4614)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2896)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2889)
- 3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 2868)
- 'UK Variant' Of COVID-19 Found In Utah, Officials Say (pageviews: 2482)