Water Main Breaks Force Outage In West Jordan Neighborhood
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Crews were called out after two water mains broke on the west side of Salt Lake County, spewing geysers of water high into the air.
The breaks happened Saturday morning along 2700 West at 7265 South and 9000 South in West Jordan,
Officer Jennifer Worthen with the West Jordan Police Department said there was damage to the road in both places. There was also road damage and flooding at a home near 7200 South.
The road was closed for several blocks between the two breaks as crews worked to assess and repair the damage.
Police officers were conducting traffic control measures, and a salt truck was sent to the scene to help with black ice formed by the water and cold temperatures.
Crews from the fire and public works departments were working to fix the lines.
Worthen said the road near 9000 South was opened around 1:30 p.m.
- Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash (pageviews: 11052)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 4547)
- Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom (pageviews: 3574)
- Several Businesses Damaged In 3-Alarm Fire At Midvale Office Building (pageviews: 2868)
- Police Searching For Man Who Followed Female Driver, Flattened Her Tires (pageviews: 2763)
- FBI Arrest Woman Accused Of Theft From Pelosi's Office During Riot (pageviews: 2420)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox’s Death In Vallow/Daybell Case – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2117)
- Trump To Issue Around 100 Pardons, Commutations Tuesday, Sources Say (pageviews: 2032)
- Biden To Propose 8-Year Citizenship Path For Immigrants (pageviews: 1718)