Second Latter-Day Saint Apostle, Wife Test Positive For COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Elder Dale G. Renlund and his wife have tested positive for COVID-19, making them the second couple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints leadership to contract the virus.
The announcement was made in a statement released by the Church on Saturday.
“Elder Dale G. Renlund and Sister Ruth L. Renlund have tested positive for COVID-19, despite carefully following recommended public health practices,” wrote Eric Hawkins, a spokesman with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Hawkins said Elder Renlund was experiencing mild symptoms, while Sister Renlund was asymptomatic.
“Other Church leaders are being tested and taking precautions because of this potential exposure,” read the statement.
Elder Gerrit W. Gong and his wife tested positive in early October.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)