Man In ‘Extremely Serious Condition’ After Being Hit By Car In Taylorsville
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A 36-year-old man was transported to the hospital in “extremely serious condition” after he was struck by a minivan while in a Taylorsville crosswalk.
The crash happened outside an apartment building at 4430 South Atherton Drive just after 5 p.m. Sunday.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said a minivan was traveling westbound on 4430 South, in the area of 800 West, when it hit a male pedestrian who was walking in the crosswalk.
The driver claimed the sun was in his eyes.
Witnesses reported the minivan ran a red light.
Cutler said the pedestrian was still in extremely critical condition at Intermountain Medical Center as of 9 p.m.
Additional information about the crash, as well as the identities of the driver and pedestrian, were not immediately available.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)