Skier Dies At Snowbird, Authorities Say
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A skier died at Snowbird on Friday, authorities said.
Ski patrol received a report of a man needing assistance off the Little Cloud chair around 10:47 a.m. Friday. Crews found the man and began a medical assessment.
“Additional emergency service resources were summoned and the patient was transferred into the care of the Unified Fire Authority who pronounced him deceased,” officials said. “At this time, there is no further information regarding the cause of the incident.”
Snowbird communications manager Sarah Sherman said the victim was a 54-year-old man. His identity has not been released.
“Snowbird wishes to express its deepest condolences to both the family and friends of the patient,” resort officials said.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)