Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador
SONSONATE, El Salvador – An El Salvadorian missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died while serving in his home country, according to a church spokesman.
Elder Fernando Antonio Ramos Garcia, 21, was serving in the El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission when he reportedly drowned in a river in the municipality of Nahulingo.
His body was recovered Friday morning, authorities said.
“Our sincerest condolences and prayers are with Elder Ramos’s family and loved ones as they remember his life and mourn his passing,” the church spokesman said. “We pray they will feel the love of our Heavenly Father at this tragic time.”
Ramos had been serving since March 2020.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)