Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador
SONSONATE, El Salvador – An El Salvadorian missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died while serving in his home country, according to a church spokesman.
Elder Fernando Antonio Ramos Garcia, 21, was serving in the El Salvador San Salvador West/Belize Mission when he reportedly drowned in a river in the municipality of Nahulingo.
His body was recovered Friday morning, authorities said.
“Our sincerest condolences and prayers are with Elder Ramos’s family and loved ones as they remember his life and mourn his passing,” the church spokesman said. “We pray they will feel the love of our Heavenly Father at this tragic time.”
Ramos had been serving since March 2020.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)