SPRINGDALE, Utah – Authorities have identified the body of a hiker who reportedly fell from the Angels Landing summit Thursday.
National Park Service officials said the victim is 43-year-old Jason Hartwell, who was living in Draper.
“On Thursday afternoon, a search and rescue was initiated based upon reports from park visitors that someone had fallen off Angels Landing,” park officials said. “On Friday morning, members of the search team located Mr. Hartwell’s body at the base of the summit of Angels Landing. According to the preliminary investigation, Mr. Hartwell sustained injures consistent with a high elevation fall.”
Park officials said normal hiking operations have resumed at Angels Landing.
Last month, a 42-year-old St. George man who told his family he was going to hike Angels Landing was found dead at the base of Moonlight Buttress. Officials said he sustained injuries consistent with a high elevation fall from the buttress, which is located on the West Rim Trail near Angels Landing.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)