Utahns Enjoy Easter Sunday Outside With Friends, Family
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Plenty of Utahns could be seen outside on Easter Sunday, enjoying the warm weather and spending time with friends and loved ones.
Many seemed cautiously optimistic that the long winter of isolation may soon be over.
From the sunny skies, to the happy blossoms and fresh air, even mother nature seemed ready for a new start.
“This was totally unexpected,” said Stephanie Champion.
Many families, including Stephanie Champion and her daughters, flocked outdoors to enjoy the holiday.
“This is her first one and what a perfect day for this to happen on,” said Champion. “We were just going to hide some eggs. We brought a little picnic with us. We love to come and feed the ducks, and there is a playground here.”
Others like Ashley Finlay, who was newly vaccinated, couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see her friends again.
“Now that we had this beautiful day. Now that we’re feeling safe and everything,” she said.
For Ashley, the day was all about new beginnings, in more ways than one.
“I haven’t seen any of these women in-person in a year, basically since COVID happened,” she said.
But as the pandemic’s isolation starts winding down, this Easter Sunday promises to bring people back together.
“It’s been hard because I miss my girls,” said Finlay. “Look, they are so beautiful. I need their energy in my life!”
There are several springtime events coming up in the next few days, one of which is the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point which starts on April 9th.
- Vandals Go On Rampage At West Jordan Church, $50,000 In Damages (pageviews: 20013)
- Team Manager Left Out Of Cheerleading Photo In Shoreline Jr. High Yearbook – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10432)
- Team Manager Left Out Of Cheerleading Photo In Shoreline Jr. High Yearbook (pageviews: 9156)
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 6650)
- Improperly Stored Household Batteries Blamed For Taylorsville Garage Fire (pageviews: 5710)
- Utah Father Busts Would-Be Burglar From Taking His Car, Puts Suspect In Headlock (pageviews: 4018)
- Massive Millcreek Construction Site Fire Causes Millions In Damages (pageviews: 3492)
- UDOT Opens New Section Of Mountain View Corridor From 4100 South to SR 201 (pageviews: 2863)
- Vandals Cause Estimated $50K Of Damages At West Jordan Church (pageviews: 2812)