Motorcyclist Killed In Lehi Crash On Pioneer Crossing
LEHI, Utah — One man passed away from his injuries after he was involved in a crash on Utah County roads.
Officials said the crash happened on Pioneer Crossing in Lehi just after 1 p.m. Monday.
Sgt. Smith with the Lehi Police Department said a commercial box van was making a left hand turn onto Pioneer Crossing from 300 East when it failed to yield to a motorcyclist.
The motorcyclist, a 28-year-old man, crashed into the back end of the vehicle and fell to the ground. He was transported to the local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries, even though Smith said he was wearing a helmet.
All Directions PIONEER CROSSING at 300 E Utah Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 3:35 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) April 5, 2021
Smith said the driver of the van stayed on scene and was cited for failure to yield.
Both directions of Pioneer Crossing were closed for approximately three hours while crews investigated the scene.
The victim’s identity was not immediately available.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)