One Person Dead After Kane County Crash
BIG WATER, Utah — One person has died in a crash on US-89 in Kane County.
The crash happened near mile post 25, 18 miles north of Big Water, around 7:15 p.m. Thursday.
According to a preliminary investigation, officials said a Honda passenger car and a Ford F350 were traveling in opposite directions when the Honda lost control, crossing the center line and impacting the Ford’s path.
The Honda was T-boned by the front of the Ford F350, inflicting fatal injuries on the driver of the Honda, who was the only occupant in the vehicle.
Lt. Nick Street with the Utah Highway Patrol said the two occupants of the F350 were transported by ambulance to Kane County Hospital in fair condition. They were released shortly after with minor injuries.
US-89 was temporarily closed in both directions following the crash.
Both Directions US 89 Closed
at MP 26 (18 mi N of Big Water) Kane Co.
Use Alt Route
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) April 9, 2021
Officials said alcohol impairment was suspected with the deceased driver.
The victim was later identified as Arizona resident, 30-year-old Joshua Ashley.
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)