One Person Dead After Kane County Crash
BIG WATER, Utah — One person has died in a crash on US-89 in Kane County.
The crash happened near mile post 25, 18 miles north of Big Water, around 7:15 p.m. Thursday.
According to a preliminary investigation, officials said a Honda passenger car and a Ford F350 were traveling in opposite directions when the Honda lost control, crossing the center line and impacting the Ford’s path.
The Honda was T-boned by the front of the Ford F350, inflicting fatal injuries on the driver of the Honda, who was the only occupant in the vehicle.
Lt. Nick Street with the Utah Highway Patrol said the two occupants of the F350 were transported by ambulance to Kane County Hospital in fair condition. They were released shortly after with minor injuries.
US-89 was temporarily closed in both directions following the crash.
Both Directions US 89 Closed
at MP 26 (18 mi N of Big Water) Kane Co.
Use Alt Route
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) April 9, 2021
Officials said alcohol impairment was suspected with the deceased driver.
The victim was later identified as Arizona resident, 30-year-old Joshua Ashley.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)