Wednesday’s Child: Danna loves to perform
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When 12-year-old Danna isn’t creating a new TikTok, she’s usually out doing something active. When she met with KSL-TV she was trying boxing for the first time at Boxing is for Girls in Sugar House.
“Danna loves swimming, boxing, dancing, she loves to perform, loves to sing and do Tiktoks,” said Sarah Hubert, Danna’s DCFS caseworker.
Hubert has worked with Danna for about seven months, but Danna has lived in foster care since 2018. Speaking about her time moving from home to home is very difficult for the sixth grader.
“She’s told me multiple times, nobody wants me, I don’t belong anywhere, and that breaks my heart,” said Hubert.
While learning the basics of boxing with gym owner Eliza James, Danna talked about her love of Mexican food and her desire to live with a family that speaks Spanish.
“She wants a family that speaks English and Spanish and a family that will help her embrace her Latina culture,” said Hubert. “She really just needs a family that will give her the attention that she needs and who is going to be there for her.”
To read more about Danna visit her online profile with Raise the Future:
For more information, contact Raise the Future at 801-265-0444 or go to their website.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)