At Least One Person In Critical Condition After Wrong-Way Freeway Crash
MURRAY, Utah — A woman was left in critical condition after police said her vehicle was struck during a wrong-way crash on the I-15/I-215 interchange in Salt Lake County.
The incident happened Monday evening.
Officials with the Unified Police Department said a white truck hit a parked UPD vehicle at the substation in Cottonwood Heights, then took off, traveling in the wrong direction on the transition ramp from southbound I-15 to eastbound I-215.
The vehicle struck two other vehicles, leaving at least one woman in critical condition.
Officials said the suspect fled the scene of the crash.
He was later found and taken into custody, according to UPD.
The crash impacted one lane of traffic for a few hours.
Additional information about the crash was not immediately available.
SB I-15 to EB I-215 S Exit, Salt Lake Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 9:51 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) April 20, 2021
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)