At Least One Person In Critical Condition After Wrong-Way Freeway Crash
MURRAY, Utah — A woman was left in critical condition after police said her vehicle was struck during a wrong-way crash on the I-15/I-215 interchange in Salt Lake County.
The incident happened Monday evening.
Officials with the Unified Police Department said a white truck hit a parked UPD vehicle at the substation in Cottonwood Heights, then took off, traveling in the wrong direction on the transition ramp from southbound I-15 to eastbound I-215.
The vehicle struck two other vehicles, leaving at least one woman in critical condition.
Officials said the suspect fled the scene of the crash.
He was later found and taken into custody, according to UPD.
The crash impacted one lane of traffic for a few hours.
Additional information about the crash was not immediately available.
SB I-15 to EB I-215 S Exit, Salt Lake Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 9:51 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) April 20, 2021
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13500)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 8905)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8598)
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 7665)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 6396)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 4997)