Teenager Critically Injured In Rollover ATV Crash In Warner Valley
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A teenager was critically injured in a rollover ATV crash in Warner Valley, officials said.
The incident happened in the Purple Hills area Friday night, sometime between 7 and 8 p.m.
Lt. Regan Wilson with Utah State Parks said a 14-year-old and a 38-year-old, who may have been out camping with a group, were traveling at slow speeds up a hill when they tried making a turn and rolled.
“There was no helmets, no seatbelts, as far as the initial report,” said Wilson.
The teen, who was reportedly driving the vehicle, was flown in a medical helicopter to St. George Hospital in critical condition. The 38-year-old passenger, who also sustained injuries, was taken by ambulance.
Wilson said an update on their conditions was not known as of Saturday afternoon.
The exact cause of the crash was still under investigation.
The individuals’ names have not been released.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)