Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A teenager whose remains were discovered in a Taylorsville trailer last month had also been stabbed in the head 26 times, according to a court document.
Police arrested 17-year-old Rowdy Lee Aguilar, and he was charged as an adult with aggravated murder.
The body of 15-year-old Ivan Nickolas “Nick” Vetecnik was found in a cargo trailer on May 26 near 60th south and 1600 West.
In charging documents police said Aguilar “has little criminal history but seemingly out of nowhere killed and dismembered his friend.”
Aguilar’s father discovered the body and called police.
Police said when they arrived they found Vetecnik’s body in the trailer and the trailer smelled strongly of cleaning agents.
The document said police looked at surveillance video from the homes of both boys. The video showed the boys together on the day of the homicide. They entered Aguilar’s home around 10 a.m. Later in the afternoon, the video showed Aguilar wearing a bloody t-shirt. Later he was seen at his home carrying a black garbage bag with unknown items to the field behind his house.
He returned to the house and was then seen carrying a white garbage back out to the back of his house. The document said, “The white and black bags seen in the video appear to be the same bags law enforcement located in the field with I.V.’s (Ivan Vetecnik) body parts inside.”
The next day the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner performed an autopsy on Vetecnik and preliminarily determined he had been stabbed in the head 26 times, the document said.
Police found a knife in Aguilar’s bedroom as well as a bloodied t-shirt.
He was transported to a police station for questioning. While he was in an interview room waiting for a detective, a surveillance camera captured him standing up and trying to walk out of the station, according to the document.
The document said Aguilar initially denied knowing Vetecnik. Police noticed injuries on his hands and he said, “he had cut them while cutting ribs for a barbeque.” Police also saw blood on his pants, socks, shoes. The document said, “Aguilar eventually admitted to being in the trailer with I.V. and stated, ‘I did it.'”
The document did not have any information on a possible motive.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)