Utah Athletes Participate In Opening Ceremony Of Tokyo Games
TOKYO – We have got some great Olympic spirit in the state of Utah.
There’s no question Tokyo’s Opening Ceremony was remarkably different than others. It was more solemn and subdued than what we are used to.
Still, there were plenty of moments that stood out, and it was clear the athletes made the most of their experience, that for many, was once in a lifetime.
In a stadium that can hold 68,000, there were only roughly 950 in attendance.
As we know, Utah is well-represented with other countries as well.
Rudy Gobert took part in the Opening Ceremony, sharing much of his experience on social media.
Gobert and France will take on Team USA on Sunday.
Many athletes competing this weekend chose not to attend, like Utah gymnast MyKayla Skinner, who, along with teammates including Simone Biles, held their own celebration.
View this post on Instagram
Joe Ingles also took part in the ceremony for team Australia.
Ingles is participating in his 4th Olympic Games for the Boomers.
He faces Utah Jazz teammate Miye Oni and Nigeria on Sunday.
Now that the Opening Ceremony is complete, it’s time to enjoy the games. You can do so on KSL-TV.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)