Fatal crash in Garland leaves one person dead
BOX ELDER COUNTY – One person was killed after their car went into oncoming traffic in Box Elder County and was hit by another vehicle.
The Utah Highway Patrol said a 1993 Honda Accord was going westbound on SR-30 in Box Elder County when it tried to pass another vehicle in a no-passing zone.
A witness said the driver of the Honda was going too fast and lost control.
The Honda was sideways in oncoming traffic when a white 2000 Ford Crown Victoria traveling eastbound hit it, UHP said.
Garland Fire, Fielding Fire, and multiple Law Enforcement agencies are on scene of a serious 2 vehicle accident on Highway 30. Highway 30 is currently shutdown from Beaver Dam to the Cache County line. Please avoid the area.
— Garland Fire Department (@garlandfireut) September 23, 2021
The driver of the Honda suffered fatal injuries.
The driver of the Ford went to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash closed lanes for about two hours while investigators processed the scene and crews cleaned up the wreckage.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)