Authorities searching for 13-year-old boy on Fish Lake
SEVIER COUNTY, Utah — Several agencies have been called out to search for a 13-year-old boy at Fish Lake after authorities said the boat he was in capsized.
Sheriff Nathan J. Curtis with the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office said a father and son were out fishing with a friend early Friday morning.
Around 3:30 a.m., they dropped the friend off, then headed back out on the water.
“Just before 8:00 a.m., some fishermen could hear someone yelling for help,” Curtis wrote in a statement.
The father was eventually found and brought to shore, where he was then transported to Sevier Valley Hospital.
According to Curtis, the man is being treated for exposure and hypothermia.
The 13-year-old son has still not been found.
Curtis said crew members from Sevier County, the Utah State Fire Marshal’s Office and Utah State Parks are currently on scene searching for him.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol also confirmed to KSL that the Department of Public Safety dive team is assisting with the search.
Just after noon Saturday, officials with the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office said they were still searching for the teen and that the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue sonar boat had joined the efforts.
Additional details were not immediately available.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)