Wednesday’s Child: Wesley finds his forever family with Joy
SALT LAKE CITY – It was in 2020 when we got to know Wesley while visiting the LEGO® Store in Fashion Place Mall.
At the time, he shared the one thing that he wanted most in the world.
“I want a mom,” he said.
Wesley’s wish came true. His story made its way to Maryland and into the heart of his new mom Joy.
“You guys did a feature on him, and I was like wait a minute, that’s my kid,” Joy said.
Good News Alert!❤️In 2020 I shared Wesley's story of living in foster care, he told me all he wanted was a mom. Well, his wish came true, he was adopted! I caught up with Wesley and his new mom and will share their story TODAY at noon! https://t.co/3nKsuUDu67 @RaiseFuture @KSL5TV
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) March 30, 2022
Joy wanted to adopt and she had seen Wesley’s profile on the Raise the Future website. She quickly reached out and started the process of connecting with Wesley. First through long phone calls and later with visits.
“We developed a friendship from there, we had two-hour conversations three days a week, he would play with LEGOS® and I would bring a scenario, and we would have a whole movie thing going on,” Joy said.
After six months Wesley moved to Maryland to live with Joy.
“Once he was here, there was no going back, from that day moving forward it was like okay let’s start our lives,” said Joy.
On Wesley’s 10th birthday he and Joy became a legal family.
“It just worked out that the judge was available on his birthday,” Joy added.
Wesley said he loves living in Maryland, and he loves the life he’s building with Joy. Together they have been exploring the east coast.
“Maryland is smaller than Utah, plus, it has a big watchtower,” Wesley said.
Wesley is thriving and he’s trying new things. He recently joined the Maryland State Boychoir.
“It’s important to me in his journey to loving learning that he has something he loves to learn more about,” said Joy.
Wesley is happy and loved. And he’s now found his forever family with Joy.
“I was a foster kid myself and I always said that if I was blessed with the opportunity to give back I would,” she said.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)