Police: SUV crashes into Sugar House shoe store, injuries four people
SALT LAKE CITY – Four people are injured after an SUV crashed into a shoe store Saturday afternoon.
According to Salt Lake City police, the SUV drove into Famous Footwear near 1170 2100 South around 3:45 p.m.
Three people were hurt inside the store including a woman trapped under the SUV and a seven-year-old and her pregnant mother.
First responders safely got the trapped woman out and transported her to the hospital in critical condition.
The mom and daughter had minor injuries and a family member got them to a local hospital to be checked out.
The SUV driver, who is an 81-year-old woman, also had minor injuries from the crash. She remained on the scene and is cooperating with police.
Investigators believe that the driver accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the break.
Update: We have four victims, including the driver of the SUV.
One person is in critical condition.
A woman and her 7-year-old daughter have minor injuries.
The driver of the SUV has minor injuries.
Our crash team is responding to investigate. #slc #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/CPg1kJ2jjw
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) July 2, 2022
This story will be updated.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)