Two boys on a bike critically injured in South Jordan crash
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Police say two children are in critical condition after an SUV driver hit them while they were in the bike lane on 11400 South in South Jordan.
Sgt. Eric Anderson with the South Jordan Police Department said the crash happened near the intersection of 2200 West and 11400 South just before noon Wednesday.
Anderson said the driver and the boys — who are around 10 years old and were both on a small electric bike — were headed east when for some reason the driver drifted into the bike lane, hitting the boys and dragging them up to 150 feet before coming to a stop.
Towing the SUV now. It looks like a small motorized bike was underneath the vehicle. Police just loaded it into one of their cars. pic.twitter.com/e4n0Vp1pe8
— Matt Rascon (@MattRasconNews) July 6, 2022
An ambulance transported one of them to Primary Children’s Hospital while a medical helicopter transported the other.
“I just feel bad for everybody involved,” said Kayleen Dunn, who is a neighbor and family friend of one of the boys. “He’s here a lot playing with my kids and it’s hard to hear. They have a great family.”
A woman who lives near the crash scene said this was the second time in the last couple of months she had seen a medical helicopter pick someone up in this area of 11400 South.
“It’s just frustrating and concerning,” Lyndsie Keele said.
Keele said the busy road is getting even busier and something needs to change.
“It’s just getting really scary because we have so many kids in this neighborhood.”
South Jordan police continue to investigate what caused the driver to veer into the bike lane, as family, friends and neighbors wait on two boys in critical condition in the hospital.
“I would just ask for prayers. Prayers for the family,” Dunn said.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32002)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 31732)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12209)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8933)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5581)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5186)