Two killed in I-15 crash near Point of the Mountain
LEHI, Utah — Two people have died following a crash that closed northbound Interstate 15 late Thursday night.
Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol said the crash happened at milepost 285, about 1 mile north of the Timpanogos Highway exit in Lehi.
A Honda Pilot had stopped on the freeway when it was rear-ended by a Nissan passenger car that tried to swerve out of the way.
The Pilot’s driver and a passenger in the Nissan were hospitalized in extremely critical condition and later died from their injuries. Roden said the driver of the Nissan suffered minor injuries in the crash.
Emergency crews closed northbound I-15 at Timpanogos Highway while investigators were on scene, and traffic was diverted to Redwood Road. All lanes reopened by 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Roden said troopers would release the victims’ names in 24 hours, along with further updates on the crash.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)