Police: Suspect in custody after robbing gas station with knife
CENTERVILLE, Utah — A man is in police custody after threatening a gas station clerk with a knife and stealing cash early Tuesday morning.
According to arresting documents, 19-year-old Hunter Wagner entered the Maverik at 1265 W. Parrish Lane around 2 a.m, wearing black clothing and a black mask.
Wagner threatened the lone female clerk with a pocket knife and demanded money from the registers.
She refused, and he kept demanding the money. At some point, the clerk attempted to grab the knife from Wagner but failed.
Afterward, she eventually gave him the $250 from the two registers. He also took three cartons of cigarettes and fled on foot.
Police began their search in the area and found Wagner with two other juveniles outside of a nearby Megaplex theater, according to the documents.
They detained Wagner for suspicion of robbery and found the pocket knife and the money in his pant pockets.
After getting a search warrant, police found the three cartons of cigarettes in his car along with the black clothing.
Wagner admitted to the robbery to police and was booked into the Davis County Jail for aggravated robbery, aggravated assault, and theft.
The two other juveniles were let go with charges pending. The clerk was uninjured during the theft.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)