Wednesday’s Child: Brother And Sister Adopted By Southern Utah Family
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Each week on KSL TV’s Wednesday’s Child segments, we introduce you to children living in the Utah foster care system, hoping to be adopted.
This Wednesday is a little different. KSL takes you to Southern Utah where one family is answering the call for help.
The Rose family most recently adopted from foster care again. This time, it’s a brother and sister they saw featured on KSL.
Inside the Rose home in Southern Utah, there are a lot of games, a lot of love and a lot of kids.
“We have 22 children, and we adopted all except for three who are biological,” said Tifiny Rose.
That number is not a typo.
“The more the merrier,” said Tifiny. “You’re already doing laundry for one, might as well do it for 20.”
All jokes aside, Tifiny says she couldn’t turn a blind eye to the growing number of kids in foster care.
“(My husband and I) both love children, and we love helping as many as we can,” she said.
Almost all of the children have special needs.
“I’ve been through a lot,” said Gina Rose, one of the adopted daughters. “It’s more like emotional and physical trauma.”
However, love has the ability to heal.
“When I came here, I began to understand the true meaning of life,” Gina said.
Two more children just joined the family.
KSL first introduced you to them in a Wednesday’s Child segment in 2015. Then again in 2018.
“After we saw their segment, we both knew that Nate and Elise were supposed to be in our home,” Tifiny Rose said.
Their adoption has since been finalized, and the brother and sister are finally home.
“It just brings such a spirit to our home,” she said.
Tifiny said opening her home to this many children isn’t always a slam dunk and takes hard work.
“If you open up your heart and your mind to them, and can offer them support, then it’s all worth it,” she said.
If you would like to learn more about foster care and adoption, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)