Missing 6-Year-Old Found Safe In Oregon; Mother In Police Custody
COOS BAY, Ore. – Officials with the Unified Police Department said 6-year-old Terran Butler has been located in Oregon and is safe, while his mother, Emily Jolley, has been taken into police custody.
Police made the announcement Thursday afternoon on Twitter and officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety confirmed the AMBER Alert has been canceled.
“This is still an active investigation, so we are unable to release additional details but wanted to inform the public, who has been extremely helpful in providing and sharing information in this case, that he has been found safe,” UPD officials said.
Jolley, who does not have custodial rights, was spotted in Oregon by police with a woman named Bonnie Jackson Thursday morning.
Both Jackson, 56, and Jolley were booked into the Coos County Jail on federal kidnapping charges.
This is still an active investigation, so we are unable to release additional details, but wanted to inform the public, who has been extremely helpful in providing and sharing information in this case, that he has been found safe.
— Unified Police Dept (@UPDSL) October 1, 2020
Timothy Butler, Terran’s father, finally got the call he waited all week for.
“He’s coming home immediately,” said Butler after hearing his son had been found in Coos County, Oregon.
Butler was emotional as he thanks investigators for their diligence.
“Detective Benedict from Unified Police, thank you so much,” he said Thursday.
Both Butler and his girlfriend, Amelia, had tried to stay positive even though this week was tough.
“Yesterday was hard and we just had a lot of optimism and faith today and here it is. Everyone is safe, no one was harmed,” said Butler.
Investigators will likely release more information over the next few days, as well as file additional charges against others believed to be involved.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)