Veteran Of 2 Wars Celebrates 100th Birthday With Parade In Farmington
Jan 25, 2021, 6:43 AM | Updated: 6:44 am
FARMINGTON, Utah – It was a very special weekend for a Farmington man who is a veteran of both World War II and the Korean War.
“Grandpa Wallace,” as he’s known, turns 100 years old Monday. His family organized a COVID-friendly birthday parade through his neighborhood to celebrate.
Wallace has eight children, 40 grandchildren, and 100 great-grandchildren.
One of his daughters, who organized the event, said he’s lived a long, full life that isn’t over yet.
“We’re happy he’s still here, and we’re celebrating that he’s here,” she said.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)