Veteran Of 2 Wars Celebrates 100th Birthday With Parade In Farmington
FARMINGTON, Utah – It was a very special weekend for a Farmington man who is a veteran of both World War II and the Korean War.
“Grandpa Wallace,” as he’s known, turns 100 years old Monday. His family organized a COVID-friendly birthday parade through his neighborhood to celebrate.
Wallace has eight children, 40 grandchildren, and 100 great-grandchildren.
One of his daughters, who organized the event, said he’s lived a long, full life that isn’t over yet.
“We’re happy he’s still here, and we’re celebrating that he’s here,” she said.
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 12861)
- Ian Alexander Jr., only child of Regina King, dies at age 26 (pageviews: 9389)
- Don't approach lab monkey missing after crash, people told (pageviews: 8361)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6500)
- Salt Lake County man arrested for allegedly abusing grandson (pageviews: 5640)
- Sledder injured during safety event at Tibble Fork Reservoir (pageviews: 3980)
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 3929)
- Herriman family saved from house fire by off-duty firefighter, his wife (pageviews: 3174)
- Inmate worker at large after walking out of Utah County Jail (pageviews: 2824)