Bountiful Police Investigating After Two Men Injured In Drive-By Shooting
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Two men were injured in a drive-by shooting early Sunday morning in Davis County, according to officials with the Bountiful Police Department.
The incident happened in the area of 1300 East and 400 North in Bountiful around 5:50 a.m. Sunday.
According to a press release from Bountiful Police, a 911 caller reported that the victims came to his residence, asking for help.
When officers arrived on scene, they found two men in their 20’s with non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
Police said they are currently being treated at local hospitals.
The men told police the shooting occurred on the roadway, near the intersection of 1300 East and 400 North, and the suspects fled from the scene in a car.
“The victims and the suspects are believed to know each other and are all residents of Salt Lake City,” read the press release. “Although the shooting occurred in and around a vehicle, it is not believed to have been a carjacking.”
Police said they are looking for a silver Hyundai Sonata, reportedly being driven by a Black female with a Black male passenger.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Bountiful Police Department at 801-298-6000.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)